Saturday 18 September 2010

First week - abundance is the word

Wow, what a week. So much has happened, I've met loads of new people all with fascinating journeys to Bethel, have had lots of times in worship, really practical and down to earth teaching, moved into an apartment, met with my Revival Group, been to a church service, eaten loads of fruit and veg, discovered Wilco's (a MASSIVE supermarket with Ben and Jerry's ice cream for under $3s that £2!) and nearly read a whole book!

One of the main things that God has been teaching me this week is about His abundant love. Before I came to Bethel lots of people independently prayed for me and used the word ABUNDANCE: that I would know Gods abundance, that this would be a year of abundance, that He would give me abundantly more than I can ask or imagine.  The first few days in Redding where rather difficult, my housing situation didn't work out how I'd hoped it would and I found myself instantly needing to trust all the more in Gods provision. Every day brought answered prayer and then a new battle, Gods timing was perfect (of course it would be).
At the start of the week we needed to move out quickly and into a new home, by the end of the week I am living in an apartment that I literally couldn't have imagined - remember ABUNDANCE - so I have moved from a beautiful house with a swimming pool, my own room and walking distance to school.  I am now living in an apartment complex with my own room, walking distance to shops and school, close to friends, a pool, on site security and right next door to one of the most beautiful places in Redding - plus all of that for cheaper rent and utilities!!! ABUNDANCE.  I literally couldn't have thought, asked or imagined the home I now have - God has given me ABUNDANTLY more than I can ask or imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment