Tuesday 6 July 2010

My timetable - potentially

Last saturday I caught up with a friend who, along with her husband, has just completed the 1st year of BSSM and will be returning for a 2nd! She was sooo helpful with loads of advice and gave me an idea of what my timetable could look like, read on.....

'School time' is from 12 (or 12.45, I can't remember) to 5pm, Tuesday to Friday. So I have Monday and Saturday off and will be going to 2 services on Sundays.

Tues: Notices - worship - Bill Johnson teaching - AMT (I'll explain)
Wed: Bible teaching - Kris Vallotton teaching- Revival Group or Small Group
Thurs: Notices - staff or visiting speaker - worship - Outreach
Fri: Bible teaching - worship - staff speaker - Revival Group or Small Group

AMT: I can't remember what the 'A' is for, Ministry Team - there are 10+ different subjects to choose from and I get to do 4 throughout the year. They range from Prayer to Photography with plenty in between.

Revival Group: In my year there will be around 800 students, Revival Groups are 80 students with a pastor/leader who looks after them. Its an opportunity for you to be known and get to know others

Small Group: These are same sex accountability groups of about 5 people.

Outreach: There are a few different options to apply for and all involve going into the local community and serving in loads of different capacities. They run outreach to rough sleepers, drug addicts, after school clubs, kids clubs etc. I'll be in the same outreach group throughout the year and together we learn how to minister in the local community.

Wow! what a week, I'm so excited about the different opportunities and am really pleased about the Revival Group and Small Group. I'm praying that both groups are places where I find close friendships with people that are like minded and who sharpen each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment