Tuesday 6 July 2010

Revival Group and Small Group

I'd really appreciate your prayer.
In my school year there will be around 800 students - that's 800! I've never been a fan of large crowds so being 1 amongst 800 is a little daunting. My friend filled me in on the timetable (check out my previous post) and there are 2 groups which I'm looking forward to as they will help with the whole 'being freaked out by 800 people' thing- Revival Group and Small Group.Both groups I'm assigned to and will be a part of for the whole year.

Revival Group: This will be 80 students a mixture of girls and guys, different ages, nationalities and stages of life. We'll have a pastor/leader who will look after the group, it's a place be known, kind of like our church small groups. I'm hoping that it'll also be an opportunity to step out in the spiritual gifts that we are learning about so I'm praying for a few specific things.

1. That God meets with us powerfully each week and we see the miraculous
2. That the group is a place of friendship and fun
3. That we strengthen, encourage and sharpen each other
4. That we are a group that is hungry for God's presence and bold in stepping out in obedience

Small Group: This is an accountability group for 5 women. For the last couple of years I have met with 2 girl friends for accountability and prayer. I've so appreciated the safety of that prayer trio being able to share openly without judgement knowing that I'm loved and accepted. I'll really miss that while I'm at BSSM and I'm praying that this group will be the same.

1. That the 5 of us quickly click and build strong friendships
2. That God is glorified as we meet together
3. That we speak faith, are ruthless with sin and rejoice together
4. That we strengthen, encourage and sharpen each other

I'm really looking forward to these groups particularly and I'll definitely write up some of the testimonies from them.

1 comment:

  1. Bless you Catherine, will pray you will feel 'fitted in like a piece in a puzzle' .
    We're missing you here in B'ham..
    Be blessed
    Kris

    ReplyDelete