Thursday 30 September 2010

Answered prayer - Revival Group

On July 6th I wrote a Blog Post about what my week would look like and that included my Revival Group. This group is around 80 people and we meet once a week, the group is made up of all sorts of people and it is a place to be known and cared for.

My prayer requests were:
1. That God meets with us powerfully each week and we see the miraculous
2. That the group is a place of friendship and fun
3. That we strengthen, encourage and sharpen each other
4. That we are a group that is hungry for Gods presence and bold in stepping out in obedience


God has completely answered my prayers as it is the best Revival Group ever (obviously I'm biased). A chap called Iain runs the group along with 5 interns.  The first time we met together Iain introduced the team and explained their vision, which is to spur us on and help us to pursue Jesus and all that He has for us.  He talked about it being a privilege to partner with us and for them to watch as God transforms us.
The time with the group has been anything from lying quietly on the floor soaking in Gods presence, to a fire tunnel and the majority of the group wandering around 'drunk' with joy.
The main thing that I'm most thankful about is that I have a group of about 7 girl friends who are similar ages and together we have a lot of fun.  I'm so thankful that God has provided for me in a place where I am going to be regularly vulnerable.  Last night we went to one of 'the girls' homes and had fun cooking, eating and prophesying over each other.
The group dynamics are pretty cool, we are about 50% international and 50% American. There is a broad spectrum of ages with couples and lots of singles too.
Over the next couple of weeks the group will be divided in half and we will meet in smaller groups rather than the whole 80, and from that we will then be going even smaller into groups of 5 for accountability, I thoroughly love my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment