Saturday 23 October 2010

Glory Glitter....

On the 2nd or 3rd day at school I remember having a conversation with a couple of girls (who are now good friends) about glitter.  They showed me their hands and there was this incredibly fine glitter on their palms, backs of the hands and some on their arms.  I checked my hands and sure enough I had some too.  At this point I wasn't convinced that it wasn't make-up so I decided to do a little experiment....

Over the next few days I was careful to wear only black mascara, therefore limiting the possibility of glitter from eye shadow or blusher (sorry chaps this is a bit girlie - stick with it) I also made sure that I thoroughly washed my hands before worship, didn't hug or touch anybody that remotely sparkled and check my hands pre and post worship.  I would wave my hands around in the air, swishing them about, trying to sort of collect it I guess- sure enough when I checked them, there it was...glory glitter!  I decided on the name because it isn't Gold Dust I've heard it called Heaven Dust, but Glory Glitter sort of has a ring to it. Sometimes it is really clear and you can easily see it, other times you have to move your hand around to let the light catch it, sometimes there isn't any. It doesn't seem to be measured (unsurprisingly) by how amazing the worship time is or if I've powerfully met with God. The coolest time it happened was when I was sat at home by myself doing my homework reading about the attributes of God and I was suddenly aware that the back of my hands and palms were slightly sparkling.  I'd just had a shower and nothing glittery had come remotely near me.

Why? I have no idea! I don't even want to try and work it out.  For me it is something about me turning my affections to Jesus only to find that His gaze has never left me, its like a visible reminder that He is here, omnipresent, and loving me.

Ask for it, I dare you

3 comments:

  1. I had the same experience just now,while watching a live worship web stream here in India . It's like it's there and not there. It doesn't come off. It's stuck to your hands and mostly back of your fingers. It's really really fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naomi, its really amazing isn't it, I never get tired of seeing God's manifest prescence! Thanks for reading my blog - I pray God's abundant blessing and provision for you.

    ReplyDelete