Thursday 16 December 2010

Abundant provision

My Grandmother - Eunice Hazlewood - recently died.  She was 94, a christian and died peacefully in her sleep.  I have many fond memories of my Grandparents, visiting them at their beautiful home in Donhead St Andrews, Shaftesbury. They were both wonderful Grandparents who have left an amazing legacy with God as their foundation and plenty of exciting stories and adventures together.
I had known there was a possibility that Grandma may die while I was at Bethel and had agreed with mum and dad that I probably wouldn't be able to come back for the funeral.  However when mum called and told me the news, my first thought was that I really wanted to be there. My main reason for not going would be financial, and that just doesn't compute in a supernatural environment where you regularly hear of Gods awesome provision.  So I mentioned to Father God that I would like to be with my family and that if I was to go He would need to provide for every area of my journey.
Within a few days of acknowledging my hearts desire:-

1. A friend had offered to pay for the entire flight home, over $800's
2. My Revival Group gave me a handful of cash, which when taking into consideration the exchange rate - was the exact amount needed for the train home from Heathrow
3. Another friend gave me an ipod Touch filled with music and teaching for the journey and for keeps.

I had 5 wonderfully precious days at home loving my family and celebrating my Grandparents lives due to Gods miraculous provision and peoples generosity.

When I was preparing to come to Bethel, I had more than one melt down over finances.  At one point Father God asked me if I would rather have the security of all my finances up front or joining Him in the adventure of His provision - what a choice...I realised that fear would choose 'security' where as faith chooses adventure. Sometimes it feels easier to cling to a familiar fear than launch into a fairly unknown ocean, but the reality is that God is good all the time. With Him a financial need and potential place for fear changes into an opportunity to see His manifest and glorious provision, which is always totally worth waiting for.  Which would I prefer?...hands down, last word said...I want His adventure every time!

2 comments:

  1. love this! you really should write books! i love reading your blogs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Catherine, how awesome to hear how God provided for you. Bless you lots, and have a great Christmas XX

    ReplyDelete