Thursday 30 December 2010

Chipmunk reveals changed mindset

Over the Christmas break I've been reading through my journal and taking note of areas in my thought life that have changed. It is often an event that reveals the truth of ones heart and mind, and in a recent opportunity that 'came across my path' I was encouraged to find a change in my thinking.

I had decided to take a bike ride along the Sacramento River Trail, about a 5 mile round trip which goes through beautiful countryside with a backdrop of snow covered mountains.  As I got further along the trail I passed less people and soon was by myself enjoying the sunshine and watching the fast moving Sacramento River.  As happens on such occasions my mind wandered and I imagined myself surprising an unsuspecting bear who was happily munching on a sapling.....instead, as I turned a corner, I saw a chipmunk sat right in the middle of the track. 
Normally they shoot off at the first site of anything, so it was odd that it didn't move. I stopped right beside it and could see it was still breathing, although there was a patch of red underneath it and I assumed it had been injured - HERE IS THE CHANGE OF THINKING - my first thought was....TO PRAY FOR HEALING!  As I got off my bike it suddenly skittered off, clearly not injured at all, and I realised that what I thought was blood, was in fact a red leaf it had been happily sat on! Although feeling slightly foolish at being mislead by a Chipmunk and my usually keen observational skills, I was so encouraged that my thinking had changed to - it being normal for me to pray and expect healing in any situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment